Whether you’re recovering from surgery, in need of rehabilitation services or require long-term nursing care, our dedicated skilled nursing staff is ready to help. Our team of licensed professionals manage care plans focused on each resident’s individual needs, including physical, speech and occupational therapy.
Additionally, residents can take advantage of specialized programs that are offered seven days a week.
Services provided in skilled nursing
Our care centers have therapy teams licensed to work in many treatment modalities for residents with a multitude of clinical, occupational and cognitive needs. We encourage collaboration between residents’ physicians and community staffs and ensure that medical orders and treatment plans are successfully carried out by our interdisciplinary team.
We create an individualized care plans for each resident after a comprehensive baseline assessment, which may include:
- Assistance with daily living activities, including bathing, oral care, grooming, dressing and eating
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Wound management and skin care
- Hydration and nutrition monitoring
- Coordination for hospice care
Vi can also arrange for a variety of available services*:
- Pharmaceutical services
- Private duty assistant services
- Transportation and dry cleaning
- Ancillary medical supplies and services
- Salon and barbershop services
- Guest meals (advance reservations requested)
*Available for an additional fee and may be provided by a third party
Features of skilled nursing apartments
Our private and semi-private rooms can be personalized with residents’ own touches to make them feel even more like home.
Every apartment includes:
- Private bathroom featuring easy-access shower with assist bars
- Daily light housekeeping, including bed making
- Individual climate control
- Laundering of towels and bed linens as needed
- A nurse call system
- Basic cable television
- Telephone with local service
Skilled nursing fees
Fees for continuing care residents
Residents who are contracted with Vi for an Inclusive Care (Type A) life care contract will continue to pay their independent living monthly fee after moving to our care center. Their monthly fee will not change due to the need for a higher level of care, but ongoing community-wide monthly fee increases will continue to apply.
Some Vi Communities offer the Fee-for-Service Care (Type C) option, where you have access to the care you need, but your monthly fees will increase based on standard market rates for the care services required.
Both care options are subject to extra costs for ancillary items and additional meals received.
Fees for spouses who remain in independent living
If a resident and their spouse are both contracted for life care at Vi, and only one resident requires a higher level of care, the spouse will remain in independent living while the other moves to our care center. If the resident has chosen the Inclusive Care option, both continue to pay only independent living monthly fees plus charges for additional meals and any other ancillary items received while in assisted living, as well as community-wide monthly fee increases.
If Fee-for-Service Care is the plan of choice, the monthly fee will increase to reflect standard market rates for the higher level of care, plus to cost of ancillary supplies and additional meals received.