Last Updated: February 4, 2021
We are excited to share Vi’s Social Media Community Guidelines with you. Vi manages a number of Social Media Channels across several popular Social Media Platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Nextdoor, and Twitter (among others). Through these Social Media Channels, our goal is to create informative, engaging, supportive communities where we can share information and maintain digital interactions.
As you participate on or within any of our Social Media Channels, we ask you to follow certain rules and guidelines that apply to the comments, posts and conversations among our residents, fans, employees and other interested users.
Application of Vi’s Social Media Community Guidelines
When you post or comment to any one of our Social Media Channels, or otherwise respond or comment on one of our posts, you are agreeing to abide by these Social Media Community Guidelines. Vi’s Social Media Community Guidelines apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions (or other legal notices) associated with each relevant Social Media Platform. None of these Social Media Platforms is owned by or otherwise affiliated with Vi, except to the extent that we have entered into an End User Agreement (or equivalent) with the relevant Social Media Platform so that we may access, manage or maintain one or more of our Social Media Channels on such Social Media Platform. We are not responsible for, nor do we control or influence, the privacy and data security practices and policies of any third-party Social Media Platform.
Privacy, Purpose & Attribution
Please note that our Social Media Channels are public in nature, which means that anyone may be able to see your posts or comments on the Social Media Channel and/or within the associated Social Media Platform. Your posts or comments may even appear in search engine results or other web aggregators.
We’d like for our Social Media Channels to host helpful information and beneficial discussion, but we may remove posts or comments that do not adhere to these Social Media Community Guidelines.
Additionally, because our Social Media Channels are public in nature, please understand that posts or comments (including opinions and statements) published to our Social Media Channels are the opinions of the respective authors, writers or users. These posts or comments (including opinions and statements) do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of Vi, nor do they necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of the relevant Social Media Platform.
Comment and Posting Policy
We expect conversations to follow the rules of polite civil discourse. We ask that participants and users of our Social Media Channels treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect and civility.
For the benefit of healthy discussion, we ask that posts and comments published to our Social Media Channels remain on topic. This means that posts or comments should relate to the topic that is being discussed within the wall post and/or the associated comments. We encourage and welcome your comments and feedback, provided that you share your viewpoint in a way that is respectful to us and our community, and is not inappropriate, off-topic, abusive, harassing, profane, or promoting/soliciting third-party sites, initiatives or products.
While we welcome reasonable critiques, we may flag or delete negative comments about Vi and/or our competitors that aren’t relevant or, in our opinion, don’t add to the intended overall experience of our Social Media Channels.
Accordingly, as a rule of thumb, we encourage everyone to:
- Stay on topic, use common courtesy and be respectful of others;
- Submit your own original content, and avoid content that you know to be fraudulent, misrepresentative or misleading;
- Never post personal, identifying or confidential information; and
- Comply with these Social Media Community Guidelines, as well as the Terms & Conditions of the relevant Social Media Platform.
We reserve the right to reject or remove comments or posts that are not in keeping with these Social Media Community Guidelines. In addition, we reserve the right to block or ban (or cause the relevant Social Media Platform to block or ban) users, profiles, followers, authors or writers from our Social Media Channels for any reason or no reason.
Comment Moderation and Response Policy
We moderate our Social Media Channels on those Social Media Platforms where we actively maintain an engaged social media presence. We endeavor to review comments and posts for compliance with our policies, including these Social Media Community Guidelines.
Without limitation, we reserve the right to delete comments or posts that we deem to be:
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive or unrelated;
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic - including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language;
- Threats; personal attacks; abusive, defamatory, or inflammatory language; or stalking or harassment of any individual, entity or organization;
- Discriminatory or that contain hateful speech of any kind regarding age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability;
- False, inaccurate, libelous or otherwise misleading in any way; or
- Spam, or containing or linking to any kind of virus, malware, spyware, or similar program that could cause harm to a user’s computer.
Please remember that our Social Media Channels contain the opinions and views of other users. Although we are moderating our Social Media Channels to help ensure that posts and comments of all users comply with these Social Media Community Guidelines, we cannot be responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any comments or materials posted by any user, follower, profile, writer or author.
Medical and Professional Advice
Please keep in mind that our writers and authors have knowledge of the topics and fields they write about, but that our posts and comments to our Social Media Channels are informational and should not be viewed as professional or medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Reliance on any information provided on our Social Media Channels is solely at your own risk.
Because we operate in a regulated industry in one or more jurisdictions, there are certain topics we won’t be able or willing to talk about on our Social Media Channels, and some of your conversations, posts or comments may need to be redirected or curtailed for the same reason.
To recap, please note the following as you participate in our Social Media Channels:
- Do not publicly post or transmit material you do not have the right to post or transmit, or you do not wish to make public. This includes but is not limited to personal contact information or any personal information related to health status.
- We reserve the right to ban any user, profile or follower from our Social Media Channel(s) for violations of these Social Media Community Guidelines, in addition to the Terms and Conditions (and other legal notices) of the relevant Social Media Platform.
- We may delete comments or posts that we deem to be:
- Abusive, defamatory, threatening or obscene;
- Violating any rule, law, regulation or governmental order;
- Infringing any intellectual property rights of any person or entity, such as any copyright-protected material (art, music, videos, written text), or any trademarks or logos, except with the express consent of the owners of such intellectual property;
- False, inaccurate or misleading in any manner;
- Inappropriate comments or inferences about our competitors (for example, disparaging comments, or any statements about their products);
- Third-party confidential or non-public information;
- Predatory conduct towards minors or vulnerable adults;
- Inappropriate or “off-color” in nature;
- Links to other websites;
- Software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other computer code or files or disabling mechanisms that are designed to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or that interferes with the operation of the Social Media Channel and/or the Social Media Platform; or
- Not in compliance with our policies, our Social Media Community Guidelines, or the relevant Social Media Platform’s Terms and Conditions.
- We are not responsible for the comments or posts of users, profiles or followers, even those comments or posts you may consider offensive or objectionable or that may offend local community standards. Please do not rely on any content provided by other users, profiles or followers.
- Our Social Media Channels may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
- Our Social Media Channels are not to be used to report phishing or criminal activity. Suspicious e-mails should be forwarded to email@example.com.
- Your comment, response, or other posting may also be submitted to law enforcement if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to detect and prevent abuse or fraud, or to otherwise protect the safety of the public or an individual.